Halloween or Hallowe’en (All Hallows’ Evening, Allhalloween, All Hallows’ Eve, All Saints’ Eve) takes place every year on the 31st of October.
A little bit of history: “All Hallows’ Eve is a Christianized feast initially influenced by Celtic harvest festivals, with possible pagan roots, particularly the Gaelic Samhain. Other scholars maintain that it originated independently of Samhain and has solely Christian roots.” – according to Wikipedia.
Either way Halloween is celebrated across many countries by trick-or-treating, organizing costume parties and carving pumpkins into jack-o-lanterns.
Below you can find couple recipe ideas, last minute Halloween costumes for kids and some crafts and other activities that we hope you may find handy.
This year we are planning to make some Mexican Day of the Dead (Dia de los Muertos) decorations… stay tuned.
And don’t forget to leave a comment to tell us what are you planning this Halloween?
- Short Bread Bloody Fingers (pictured above)
- Poppy Seed Cupcakes
- Spicy Pumpkin Soup with Ginger and Chilli Flakes
- Monster Poppadoms
- Mixed Winter Squash Roasted with Rosemary, Sage & Garlic
- Clementine Jack-O-Lanterns
- Jack-O-Lantern Sandwich
- Spider Cookies
- Black Pasta Monsters
- Cream of Roasted Pumpkin & Sweet Potato Soup with Parmesan Crisps
- Halloween Vanilla Cookies
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds with Black Pepper, Garlic Salt and Butter
- Ghost Kabanos Sausages
- Creamy Pumpkin Soup with Toasted Almond Flakes
- Pumpkin Soup with Milk
- Vampire Costume (pictured above)
- Pop Art Make-up Idea
- Glittery Spiderweb T-Shirt
- Witch Costumes for Kids
Crafts & Activities
- Halloween Nail Art – Spider Webs & Jack-O-Lanterns (pictured above)
- Quick Halloween Party Favours
- Tom and Jerry “Tricks & Treats”
- Shatter Nail Varnish
- “Tamara Small and The Monsters’ Book
- “The Fearsome Beastie” Book
More Halloween ideas.
More DIY dress up ideas.
More craft projects.
More recipes and other activities for kids.