[recipe adapted from My Kitchen Treasures by Finla / Happy Cook]
- 2 kg peeled, deseeded and chopped pumpkin / 2½ kg before peeling (we used onion squash pumpkin)
- 2½ litres of water
- 3 vegetable cubes (10g each)
- 3 small (4g each) vegetable Maggi cubes
- 1 large leek – about 500g (chopped roughly)
- 1 huge onion (chopped)
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 4 tbs tomato purée
- 1 cup / 250 ml double cream
- 2 pinches ground black pepper
- sea salt – to taste
- almond flakes – for sprinkling (toasted)
- In a large pot place water, cubes, pumpkin, tomato purée, black pepper and cook for about 45 minutes on medium fire.
- In meantime fry leek and onion on butter till start getting golden. Add to the pot with soup.
- After 45 minutes soup should be ready, remove from fire, stir in cream and blend soup with hand mixer.
- Season with salt if needed.
- Share to the plates, sprinkle over toasted almond flakes.
- Serve with homemade bread or savoury muffins on a side. We enjoyed it with Cheese & Onion Muffins.
Serves 6 people as a main dish.
Replace onion squash pumpkin with any other pumpkin, even the carving one.