This is quick and easy, delicious couscous dish with tomatoes and courgettes which cab be made within minutes for lunch, picnic but satisfying enough to be turned into quick veggie dinner.
- 350 g couscous
- about 2 – 2½ cups boiling water
- 1½ tbs Vegeta (vegetable seasoning) or some sea salt
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 small tomatoes – about 300 g (finely cubed)
- 2 – 3 small zucchinis / courgettes – about 300 g (sliced)
- 3 tbs grape seed oil or olive oil
- ½ tbs herbal pepper mix
- 2 tsp garlic granules
- large frying pan or wok
- Fry zucchinis on 2 tbs of oil till start turning golden brown and leave aside.
- Add 1 more table spoon of oil to the frying pan, couscous, dried basil, oregano, Vegeta, herbal pepper.
- Add boiling water gradually stirring couscous from time to time.
- When the couscous is ready add garlic powder and fry some more.
- Remove from fire, fold in tomatoes and previously prepared courgettes.
- Stir one more time, adding some extra oil if necessary.
Makes 4 servings.
This recipe is very versatile, if you don’t have on hand or they are not in season, courgettes can be replaced with other veggies such as peppers, egg plant or even carrots.