[recipe originally by Susan from Food Blogga]
- 85g packet of watercress (washed, drained, stems removed)
- 250g brie or camembert cheese (sliced)
- ½ cup pecans, you can also use walnuts (toasted)
- ⅔ cup of chopped fresh dates, you can replace them with ½ cup raisins
- 3 medium pears – 500g (sliced)
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1½-2 tbs lemon juice (½ lemon)
- 2 pinches salt
- freshly ground rainbow pepper
- 1 tsp onion granules
- small whisk
- Share watercress between 4 plates, then place sliced pears on the top of the leaves.
- In meantime slice cheese and place also in the plates.
- Deseed and chop dates roughly or pour hot water over raisins, drain them and sprinkle over the salad.
- Prepare dressing whisking all ingredients together and season the salad.
- In last moment place pecans (walnuts) on frying pan and heat for couple of minutes stirring constantly till they become darker and fragrant.
- Chop them coarsely and sprinkle over the salad.
- Serve salad with some homemade bread on a side.
Serve 4 people.