INGREDIENTS (for each colour)
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup fine salt
- about 1 tsp food colouring
- 1 tbs baby oil (I used lavender one)
- about 1 cup warm water
- Combine water and food colouring.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, salt, baby oil and stir.
- Gradually add coloured water and knead the dough until well combined.
- Store in air tight container or wrapped in plastic while not in use.
This recipe makes grapefruit size portion of dough… enough for 2 children.
You don’t have to use good flour or salt, value salt for about 30p per 750g and value flour for about 50p per 1½ kg will work the same good. And for less than £1 you can have many, many portions of dough.
You can also use regular cooking oil instead of baby oil but the dough will not smell so nice.
Home-made play dough can be stored for over a week.
If the dough will get too soft and sticky just add a little bit more flour.
Both of my daughters: 1½ and 6½ years old enjoy playing with this home-made dough a lot. The little one rolls it and break into pieces while the bigger one is cutting out shapes with cookie cutters.