- 1 small butternut squash / about 600 g (peeled, de-seeded and coarsely cubed)
- ½ small Jack-O-Lantern pumpkin / about 600 g (peeled, de-seeded and coarsely cubed)
- 2 – 3 tbs olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- 1 whole garlic head (I used smoked garlic)
- 3 fresh sprigs of rosemary (if you keep the stems you can discard it later easily)
- about 10 fresh sage leaves (chopped)
- large oven proof dish
- Place cubed squash in the oven proof dish.
- Sprinkle with sage, a bit of salt, olive oil and mix until well coated.
- Top with sage stems and garlic head cut in half.
- Put in the oven preheated to 200°C (392°F).
- Bake for about 30 minutes stirring once.
- Once garlic is baked it is easy to remove the skin leaving roasted garlic cloves in the tray with squash.
- Discard rosemary stems.
- Mix, season to taste with salt and serve immediately.
Serves 4 – 5 people as a side dish.
Taste good with some roasted chicken and potatoes.
If you looking for more inspiration take a look at those Halloween ideas.