This is very simple soup made out of the pumpkin guts from our scary Jack-O-Lantern we have made for Halloween.
- meat of 1 medium / large pumpkin ( almost full 5 l pot)
- 1½ l of boiling water
- 2 vegetable cubes (10 g each)
- ginger powder – to taste
- sea salt – to taste
- chilli flakes – to taste
- ½ cup of cream or some milk
- Place pumpkin bits, boiling water and the cubes in a large pot and bring to boil.
- Reduce fire and simmer until the pumpkin is all soft.
- Remove from fire, stir in cream (or milk).
- Mash everything either with hand blender or liquidizer.
- Season to taste with some ginger and salt.
- Sprinkle with chilli flakes for extra heat.
- Serve with some pasties, cheese croutons, Parmesan crisps or fresh bread on aside.
Makes enough soup for 8 – 10 servings.
Do not discard pumpkin seeds, place them on baking tray lined with paper and bake in the oven until all dry and crispy.
If you looking for more inspiration take a look at those Halloween ideas.
If you are looking for more pumpkin / squash soup ideas take a look at Creamy Butternut Squash and Tomato Soup from Tinned Tomatoes, Squash & Ginger Soup from Blue Kitchen Bakes, Thai-spiced roast pumpkin soup from Cook Sister, Butternut Squash, Tahini & Lemon Soup from Fuss Free Flavours or Simple Butternut Squash Soup from Greedy Gourmet.