This is very quick, easy and delicious way to pimp up any plain soup using leftover French bread.
- baguette (coarsely sliced)
- salted butter or butter spread
- grated cheese (I used mature Cheddar)
- Place buttered baguette slices on baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle generously with grated cheese
- Bake in the oven preheated to 200°C (392°F) for couple of minutes, until edges and cheese will start getting golden brown.
- Serve immediately with your favourite soup as a side.
Today I made one of my long time favourites: Zupa Ogórkowa / Polish Sour Cucumber Soup but for change I served it with those croutons… it was delicious (!)
More soup recipes calling for bread or croutons: 30 Minute Yellow Lentil & Roasted Pepper Soup, Creamy Mushroom Soup, Spicy Tomato Soup with Roasted Peppers, Grochówka (Polish Navy Pea Soup) or Mixed Veg Soup with Garlic and Sage.