A while ago I saw this video and I had to try it. Not having on hand nail glue I used clear nail polish and it worked well and lasted until the nail was long enough to cut off the broken part without pain.
- paper teabag
- clear nail varnish
- coloured nail varnish
- First break the teabag, discard tea and cut out a little piece of paper from it, big enough to cover the crack. You may also cover the whole nail with the paper.
- Paint the broken nail with clear nail polish and quickly stick piece of teabag while still wet.
- Let it dry, then cover with second layer of clear nail polish.
- Smooth out with a file if necessary.
- And then just pain nails as usual with coloured nail varnish that should completely hide the teabag, if not cover the nail with one more than usual layer.