- 500g chicken breast (cubed)
- 400g button mushrooms (halved or whole if very small)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 3-4 medium tomatoes (coarsely cubed)
- 1 large pink or white onion (cut into wedges)
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 4 cups of water
- 1 tbs Caribbean mixed herbs (thyme, basil, marjoram, savory and parsley)
- 2 tbs mild curry powder
- ½ tbs garlic powder
- ½ cup coconut milk powder
- 3 tbs butter or oil for frying
- sea salt to taste
- wok or pot with a lid to fry chicken and veggies
- large pot with a lid to cook rice
- Place cubed chicken and onion in a wok or on the bottom of the pot and fry on butter or oil for a while.
- In meantime cook rice in a covered pot with 4 cups of water, coconut milk and a bit of salt.
- Add also mushrooms and cook covered until chicken is ready.
- Stir in peppers and spices (curry powder, garlic, herbs) and cook uncovered until all water is gone.
- Once everything is cooked combine both pots, season to taste with salt and enjoy.
Serve 4-5 people as a main dish or many more as lunch or snack.