Brighton is a vibrant, constantly changing city with lots of places to visit, things to do and new events emerging almost every week(end) especially during the Summer…
There are also the obvious: beaches and great amount of places to eat & drink: restaurants serving various cuisines, independent cafés, clubs and bars.
We have moved to Brighton over a year ago so we are still a bit like tourists and haven’t managed yet to see many, many places we would love to visit.
Below you can find list of interesting (mostly family friendly) Brighton venues and events. Have I missed anything worth mentioning?
Main attractions & landmarks
- Brighton Pier / Palace Pier
- Sea Life Centre
- Volk’s Electric Railway (Spring and Summer months only)
- Brighton Marina (shopping mall, restaurants with view on the harbour, fishing boats and wave breakers)
- Churchill Square sopping centre (with Lego store)
- Brighton Museum & Art Gallery at Royal Pavilion
- Royal Pavilion & Royal Pavilion gardens
- Brighton Toy and Model Museum
- Brighton Fishing Museum
- The Lanes
- North Lane
- Brighton Wheel (dismantled now, replaced with the zip wire)
- British Airways i360
- Preston Park with Preston Manor and Velodrome
- Preston Park Rock Garden
- Saltdean cliffs
- Beachy Head cliff
- Cuckmere River
- Birling Gap & The Seven Sisters
- Rottingdean mill
- Brighton seafront (beach and promenade)
- Hove Lawns with colourful beach huts
- Madeira Drive (below Marine Parade) and the Undercliff Walk (not recommended during storms and high tide)
- Green Ridge with Patcham Mill
- Hove beach (with view on the Old Pier and i360)
- The Level (skateboard park, children playground)
- Booth Museum of Natural History (free entry)
- Devil’s Dyke in the South Downs National Park
- Shoreham Beach and Shoreham harbour with houseboats
- Eastbourne (on the Brighton & Hove Coastliner service 12 route)
- Newhaven Fort
- Newhaven’s Paradise Park (on the Brighton & Hove Coastliner service 12 route)
Seasonal events & venues
- The Fairy Tale Fair (craft & vintage fair)
- Brighton Fringe
- Children’s Parade opening Brighton Festival (Children’s Parade 2014 / Children’s Parade 2015)
- Christmas market around Chruchill Square shopping centre
- Royal Pavilion Ice Rink
Similar post – Things to See & Do in London.
More travel & places.
More articles about UK.
More about Brighton & Hove.