- 1½ cups oats
- 2 cups semi-skim milk
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbs light brown sugar or for sugar-free version – honey
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 handfuls of pecan nuts
- ground cinnamon to sprinkle
- cinnamon and raisins
- cinnamon and grated coconut
- medium, non-stick sauce pan
- Place oats, milk, water, sugar and salt in a sauce pan and cook stirring from time to time, until thick and oats soft.
- In meantime toast pecans, placing them on the frying pan over small fire and heating until fragrant and crispy.
- Let them cool down a little bit, then chop and leave aside.
- When oats are ready, share to the bowls, sprinkle generously with cinnamon and chopped pecans and serve immediately.
Serves 2 – 3 people.
You can also cook oats in a microwave with water alone and then add milk.
If you are looking for more healthy breakfast ideas check out those recipes: Sugar-Free Pumpkin Seed & Cranberry Breakfast Porridge, Sugar-free Acacia Honey & Almond Granola, Homemade Maple Syrup Granola with Pecans, Cashews and Brazils or Sugar Free Sunflower Seed & Apple Granola with Honey.