- 4 fennel bulbs (washed and cut in pieces)
- 4 tbs oil (I used Carotino oil)
- 2 large onions (chopped)
- 7 cups water
- 4 vegetable cubes (10 g each)
- 4 cups easy cook Italian rice
- 150 g grated cheddar cheese
- 4 celery sticks (chopped)
- 2 pinches ground white pepper
- 6 tbs grated Parmesan cheese – optional
- 3 pinches salt
- In a large pot place water, vegetable cubes, rice, white pepper.
- Cook covered till rice is ready.
- In meantime fry on oil fennel, onions and celery till they become tender but still crunchy.
- Season to taste with salt.
- To the pot with rice add fried veggies, cheddar cheese and stir.
- Serve to the plates and top with Parmesan.
Serves 6 – 7 people.
Taste good with some salad on a side, for instance Cesar Salad.
If you are looking for more risotto recipe ideas, then try: Wild Mushroom Risotto with Dill & Garlic, Easy Mushroom & Leek Risotto with Thyme, Quick Mushroom & Leek Risotto, Seaweed Wrapped Pouting with Curry Sauce and Pumpkin Risotto or Quick Onion Risotto with Black Olives, Eggs and Marjoram.
For more one pot recipes check out Chicken & Mushroom Rice on the Bed of Leaves – One Pot Dish or Papuan New Guinean Mumu.