- handful dried wild mushrooms (sent by my mother from Poland)
- 6 cup of boiling water
- 2½ cups easy cook rice (or even better risotto rice)
- 1 tbs vegetable stock powder
- 1 tsp minced garlic (I used “lazy garlic” made by my husband)
- 2 tbs fresh / frozen dill
- 25g unsalted butter
- 100g grated cheese (I used Cheddar) or less if Parmesan
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- First re-hydrate the mushrooms in boiling water, for at least an hour.
- Scoop out the mushrooms and chop them, do not discard water.
- In a pot place rice, chopped mushrooms and the mushroom water.
- Add stock powder and garlic.
- Cook covered until rice is ready.
- Remove from fire, stir in butter, dill and cheese.
- Season to taste with freshly cracked peppers and enjoy while still warm.
Makes 4-5 generous portions.