- 150 g frozen baby broad beans / fava beans
- 1 tbs Vegeta (vegetable seasoning) or other vegetable stock powder
- 5 cups boiling water
- 2 cups easy cook rice
- 1 tbs garlic granules
- 2 tbs chopped fresh / frozen dill
- ½ tsp turmeric / curcuma
- 25 g unsalted butter
- Place broad beans, half of the stock powder and 2 cups of water in a pot and cook covered till broad beans are soft.
- Add rice, the rest of stock powder, garlic granules, dill, turmeric and remaining 3 cups of water.
- When rice is ready stir in some butter and serve to the plates.
Serves 3 – 4 people as a side dish.
Vegeta or stock powder can be skipped and rice and beans seasoned to taste with salt alone.
More vegetarian recipes.