Mixed Winter Squash Roasted with Rosemary, Sage & GarlicPosted on: 3rd Nov 2012
- 1 small butternut squash / about 600g (peeled, de-seeded and coarsely cubed)
- ½ small Jack-O-Lantern pumpkin / about 600g (peeled, de-seeded and coarsely cubed)
- 2-3 tbs olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- 1 whole garlic head (I used smoked garlic)
- 3 fresh sprigs of rosemary (if you keep the stems you can discard it later easily)
- about 10 fresh sage leaves (chopped)
- large oven proof dish
- Place cubed squash in the oven proof dish.
- Sprinkle with sage, a bit of salt, olive oil and mix until well coated.
- Top with sage stems and garlic head cut in half.
- Put in the oven preheated to 200°C (392°F).
- Bake for about 30 minutes stirring once.
- Once garlic is baked it is easy to remove the skin leaving roasted garlic cloves in the tray with squash.
- Discard rosemary stems.
- Mix, season to taste with salt and serve immediately.
Serve 4-5 people as a side dish.
Taste good with some roasted chicken and potatoes.
I completely forgot to buy pumpkin this Halloween… luckily Rachel from Ketchum PR and Hovis sent us lovely Halloween package including pumpkin (used in this recipe), pumpkin growing kit (for next year) and Hovis Wholemeal Seed Sensations which is now my new favourite bread, by the way.
© ALL TEXT & IMAGES FROM THIS SITE ARE SUBJECT OF COPYRIGHTS. PLEASE, CONTACT ME TO DISCUSS TERMS & PRICING BEFORE REPOSTING ANY MATERIAL. UNAUTHORIZED USE OR REMOVAL OF OWNERSHIP INFORMATION FROM THE IMAGES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Margot DOLEWSKA DYER is Brighton based blogger dedicated to crafts, recipes, reviews, food styling and photography. She is also behind 416 Studios specializing in web design & photo retouching. You can connect with her via Google+.
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).