Jacket Potatoes with Garbanzo Bean & Red Onion FillingPosted on: 5th Apr 2012
6-8 large baked potatoes (you can use ready baked potatoes from Bannisters’ Farm)
for the filling
- 3 x 400g tins of garbanzo beans / chickpeas (drained)
- 2 large red onions (diced)
- some butter or oil to fry onions
- few tbs crème fraiche or soured cream (I used about 100g)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- few dashes of lemon juice - optional
- sea salt to taste
- Cayenne pepper or black pepper to taste
- fying pan
- potato masher
- bowl with flat bottom to mash the beans (I used pot)
- Fry onions until nicely browned.
- Combine them with drained chickpeas, cream, garlic powder and lemon juice.
- Mash using potato masher.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cross cut baked potatoes while still hot and top them with the filling.
- Enjoy with some green salad on a side.
Serve 6 people.
Bannisters’ Farm baked potatoes and their other products are available from all major grocery stores.
Left over filling is great as a spread for toasted bread.
For smoother texture of the filling use hand blender instead of potato masher.
More jacket potato recipes:
Disclosure: this article include some sponsored links.
Many of Coffee & Vanilla's photos are now available to purchase through our RedBubble store. Please, come inside to take a look, favourite those you like the most or suggest new images to be added... Any feedback will be greatly appreciated (!)
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).