Jacket Potatoes with Garbanzo Bean & Red Onion FillingPosted on: 5th Apr 2012
6-8 large baked potatoes (you can use ready baked potatoes from Bannisters’ Farm)
for the filling
- 3 x 400g tins of garbanzo beans / chickpeas (drained)
- 2 large red onions (diced)
- some butter or oil to fry onions
- few tbs crème fraiche or soured cream (I used about 100g)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- few dashes of lemon juice - optional
- sea salt to taste
- Cayenne pepper or black pepper to taste
- fying pan
- potato masher
- bowl with flat bottom to mash the beans (I used pot)
- Fry onions until nicely browned.
- Combine them with drained chickpeas, cream, garlic powder and lemon juice.
- Mash using potato masher.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cross cut baked potatoes while still hot and top them with the filling.
- Enjoy with some green salad on a side.
Serve 6 people.
Bannisters’ Farm baked potatoes and their other products are available from all major grocery stores.
Left over filling is great as a spread for toasted bread.
For smoother texture of the filling use hand blender instead of potato masher.
More jacket potato recipes:
Disclosure: this article include some sponsored links.
© ALL TEXT & IMAGES FROM THIS SITE ARE SUBJECT OF COPYRIGHTS. PLEASE, CONTACT ME TO DISCUSS TERMS & PRICING BEFORE REPOSTING ANY MATERIAL. UNAUTHORIZED USE OR REMOVAL OF OWNERSHIP INFORMATION FROM THE IMAGES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Margot DOLEWSKA DYER is Brighton based blogger dedicated to crafts, recipes, reviews, food styling and photography. She is also behind 416 Studios specializing in web design, SEO & photo retouching. You can connect with her via Google+.
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).