Donut tower cakes are great solution for situations when transporting regular cake can be a problem. They are very sturdy but at the same time easy to break apart (rather than cut) when needed.
I made this cake for my daughter’s birthday party that was taking place in a bowling venue and we had to carry the cake across whole city in July’s weather. It survived all in tact.
- 20 – 30 baked glazed donuts (double the recipe)
- disposable cake base
- To make the doughnuts double the recipe for the oven baked doughnuts.
- Make some bigger and smaller doughnuts and test the layout before glazing.
- Once the doughnuts are glazed and sprinkled, pile them up on the top of each other before the glaze will get a chance to set.
- Place in the fridge to cool down completely.
- Store covered with cling film.
Serves about 15 – 20 people, depending on appetite.
Doughnut crafts: Easy Handmade Felt Ornaments.