This is something we often make in our house… using Polish salted herring, limes and tomatoes.
- 250 g packed of salted herring fillets (chopped)
- couple of tomatoes (cubed)
- olive oil
- small onion (diced)
- juice of 1 small lime
- Chop the herring, top with lime and tomatoes.
- Add also onion and olive oil, leave aside for moment for the flavours to develop.
- Serve with some crunchy bread on a side.
Serves 4 – 6 people.
More recipes calling for salted herring filets: Śledzik – Traditional Polish Salted Herring.
As I used here Polish herring and we often make this recipe at home I’m adding this to the Inheritance Recipes link-up that we co-host together with Solange of Pebble Soup. August Inheritance Recipes is hosted by Solange, please come and join us, share your inherited recipes!