This is simple, yet very yummy, leek sauce recipe using béchamel like base (minus the cream) and freshly cracked black peppercorns.
- 3 tbs plain flour
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 2 cups of boiling water
- 1½ vegetable cubes (10 g each)
- 1 leek (chopped)
- black peppercorns
- In a saucepan heat flour and butter stirring constantly until bubbling.
- In a meantime dissolve cubes in boiling water.
- Gradually stir in bullion into the saucepan, bring to boil.
- Then stir in leek and continue cooking for couple of minutes.
- Season to taste with lots of freshly cracked pepper.
Makes enough sauce for 4 – 6 servings.
Taste good served over pasta, rice or mashed potatoes.
More sauce recipes.
Recipes calling for leeks: Homemade Chicken & Leek Pasties, Mashed Potatoes with Leek, Leek and Pesto Puff Pastry Tart, Spinach, Leek, Mushroom and Potato Soup, Turkey, Carrot, Potato and Leek Quiche Tart, Potato and Leek Soup or Leek & Mayo Sandwich Filler or Side Dish.