This is one of our favourite, quick curry recipes we often prepare in our house.
- 1 large onion (diced)
- oil or butter for frying
- 3-4 chicken breasts (cubed)
- 500 g potatoes (cubed)
- 500 g carrots (sliced)
- 2 cups of water
- ½ cup dessicated coconut (chopped cashews or flaked almonds can be used instead)
- 1 cup of coconut milk powder
- 2 tbs garlic mince or garlic powder
- 1 tbs ginger mince or some ginger powder
- 2 tbs medium curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- red bell pepper (diced)
- handful of coriander leaves (chopped)
- 4 tbs soured cream or yoghurt
- sea salt to taste
- toasted / grilled naan bread
- cooked basmati rice
- In a large pot place onions with a bit of oil or butter and fry for a while, until onions are browned.
- Add chicken, carrots, potatoes and fry some more.
- Reduce the fire, add water, dessicated coconut, coconut milk powder, garlic, ginger, curry powder, turmeric, cumin and simmer covered until vegetables and chicken are soft.
- Remove from fire, stir in freshly chopped coriander and bell peppers.
- Season to taste with salt and soured cream.
- Serve to the plates with some basmati rice or/and naan on a side.
Serves 6 people as a main dish.
More curry recipes you might like: White Fish Stew with Caribbean Curry & Coconut Milk, Japanese Style Chicken Katsu Curry, Jamaican Style Coconut Curry Veggies with Roasted Cashews, Perfect Caribbean Chicken Curry with Coconut Milk, Egg Curry or Very Easy Chicken & Pineapple Curry.