- 6-8 chicken pieces (legs, thighs or breast) or large package of chicken wings
- 1½ portion of homemade curry paste (click link for the recipe)
- boiling water to cook chicken
- some more boiling water to cook potatoes
- 4 small (4g each) vegetable Maggi cubes
- ¾ cup coconut milk powder or ½ creamed coconut bar
- 500g young potatoes (cubed)
- large ripe mango (cubed) to serve – optional
- Place chicken, Maggi cubes, curry paste and enough boiling water to cover the chicken, in a pot.
- Cover and cook till chicken is soft. Add potatoes, coconut milk powder or bar and some more water if needed.
- Continue cooking covered until potatoes are soft… remove cover and cook some more if gravy is too watery.
- Serve with cooked rice or even better with “Naan Bread with Garlic & Coriander”, “Roti Wraps”, “Plain Roti Wraps”, “Dhal Puri Rotis” or ready chapatti wraps and cubed mango on a side.
Serve 3-4 people.
Use more coconut milk or creamed coconut for richer coconut taste.
You can skip coconut milk and serve on each plate generous spoon of thick cream or mascarpone cheese.