This is my mother’s recipe, something she used to make often back home and one of those days she surprised us making this salad to serve with dinner… I must admit I completely forgot how beautiful and bright in colour this salad was.
- ½ head large red cabbage (shredded)
- ½ lemon juice
- 2 – 3 apples, more if small (grated)
- 1 small onion (chopped finely)
- 2 – 3 tbs olive oil
- fine sugar – to taste
- salt – to taste
- medium pot
- mixing bowl
- Bring pot of water to boil, add cabbage and continue heating until water is boiling again.
- Cook 1 minute longer, strain the cabbage, cool down a bit and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add lemon juice to bring back the colour, grated apples and onion.
- Season to taste with salt and sugar, mix well and place in the fridge to chill a bit before serving.
Makes 4 – 5 servings.
More Polish recipes.
More salads from our blog.