- 500 g minced turkey
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup fine breadcrumbs
- handful fresh coriander (chopped)
- 2-3 tbs tandoori masala spice mix or other seasoning of choice
- 1 tsp sea salt - only if seasoning mix is not salted already
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- 1-2 tbs of water – if necessary
- ½ cup olive oil for brushing (not necessary if other, not so lean mince meat is used)
- couscous, pita breads or rice
- green salad
- 12 wooden skewers (soaked in water)
- silicone brush
- mixing bowl
- baking tray lined with baking paper
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients for the kebabs, except the olive oil, and mix well, until well combined and sticky.
- Divide the turkey mixture into 12 equal portions and stick them onto the skewers.
- Place them across the baking tray so the kebabs would not touch the bottom.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 200°C (392°F) for about 35 – 45 minutes brushing kebabs in meantime at least twice with olive oil.
Makes 12 kebabs, allow 2-3 per serving.
Turkey kofta kebabs would be perfect for outdoor grilling.
Looking for more kebab recipes?
Japanese Yakitori chicken kebabs by Greedy Gourmet
Sticky BBQ chicken sundowners from Cook Sister.
Fish kebabs I used to often make with salmon.
Greek yogurt marinated chicken souvlaki by Valli of More Than Burnt Toast
My family’s favourite Caribbean kebabs with chicken and pineapple.