- 3 tbs plain flour
- 25g unsalted butter
- 400 ml of boiling water
- 1½ vegetable cubes (10g each) or stock powder
- 2-3 tbs grated horseradish
- crème fraîche – to taste
- In a saucepan heat flour and butter stirring constantly until it is bubbling.
- In a jug dissolve cubes in boiling water.
- Gradually stir in bullion into the saucepan, bring to boil.
- Then stir in grated horseradish and continue cooking for couple of minutes.
- Add a little bit of crème fraîche to whiten the sauce.
- Enjoy served over pasta or rice with fish or meat.
Make enough sauce for 4-6 servings.
To reduce calories use full fat milk instead of cream to whiten the sauce.