This is my alternative to traditional full English breakfast, which I make sometimes as well (minus the sausages).
- 2 eggs
- a little bit of butter or oil to fry (I used real butter)
- 2 slices of brown bread (toasted)
- ½ green bell pepper (coarsely diced)
- ½ red onion (cut into wedges)
- couple of cherry tomatoes to serve
- Thai chilli & garlic sauce to serve
- On the frying pan fry eggs.
- Top toasted bread slices with it.
- In meantime on the same frying pan, without adding any extra butter or oil, fry onions and peppers for a short while, only until browned but still crunchy.
- Serve with some fresh cherry tomatoes and generous amount of hot sauce (Thai chilli & garlic sauce is my favourite) on a side.
Serves 1 person.
Replace green peppers with any other peppers, if you prefer, personally I like bitterness of the green peppers in combination with sweet red onions.
Optionally sprinkle with some grated Cheddar.
More ideas how to use green peppers: