- 1500g turkey thigh joints
for the marinade
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup chopped sundried tomatoes from oil
- 3 tbs olive oil, Carotino oil or oil from sundried tomatoes jar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 6 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- large roasting tray, non-stick or lined with non-stick Teflon sheet
- aluminium foil
- Place turkey in a container or freezer bag.
- Combine all ingredients for marinade and pour over turkey, close tight and keep in the fridge overnight.
- Next day place turkey together with the marinade on roasting tin, cover with the aluminium foil and bake in the oven preheated to 180°C (356°F), turning from time to time, until almost ready.
- Remove aluminium foil towards the end and bake some more.
- Check with the skewer if the turkey juices are running clear.
- Share to the plates and pour over some gravy.
- You may also chop now the turkey and mix with the gravy and then share to the plates.
Serves 5-6 people.
More poultry & orange combo recipes:
Charred orange duck breast with Cointreau sauce by Cook Sister