This is very simple but delicious coffee (tea) cake.
My husband told me that finally my cake came out fluffy as he always wanted and believe me, this is a big complement because he is hardly ever happy enough with my bakes. They are usually not soft and light like he remembers from his childhood (!)
- 2½ cups plain flour
- 125 g / half a bar of melted butter
- 1½ cups golden caster sugar
- 3 large – 4 small eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 200 – 250 g of pecan nuts / about 1½ – 2 cups
- seeds from 1 vanilla pod (do not discard the pod, use it to make home-made vanilla sugar)
- silicone pastry brush
- 1 or 2 baking dishes (we have used two round cake tins lined with baking paper but one would be also good, cake would be just taller)
- wooden skewer
- microwavable jug
- Place butter bar in a jug and microwave for about 50 seconds, until completely melted.
- With a pastry brush grease baking trays, using a bit of melted butter, leave aside.
- In a mixer bowl combine all dry ingredients: flour, vanilla seeds, sugar an baking powder.
- Add also milk and eggs and turn the mixer on.
- Gradually pour in melted butter and mix a while longer.
- Share dough to the baking tins.
- Top with pecans.
- Bake in the the oven preheated to 180°C (356°F) for about 50 – 60 minutes.
- Let the cakes to cool down before sharing.
Makes about 12 – 16 servings.
This cake taste great with some unsweetened coffee (or tea).
If you are looking for more pecan recipes try: Halloumi, Roasted Grape & Pecan Salad by Jeanne, Kale & Watermelon Salad (with pecans) by Dannii, Cranberry, Maple and Pecan Cake by Jen, Homemade Maple Syrup Granola with Pecans, Cashews and Brazils or Pear, Pecan and Dark Chocolate Muffins I made while ago.
Pecan nuts can be replaced with other nuts such as walnuts, hazelnuts or almonds.
I used here pecans that I got in our local health food store for bargain price of £0.25 per pack 125 g as they were all broken, therefore I’m submitting this recipe to Camilla‘s & Helen‘s Credit Crunch Munch hosted this month by Michelle of Utterly Scrummy Food For Families.