- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup golden caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk or a little bit more
- 75 g unsalted butter
- 75 g pecans / ¾ cup (chopped)
- 300 g optionally peeled and cored pears (cubed) – about 3 small pears
- 125 g biter-sweet / dark chocolate bar (chopped)
- 12 paper or silicone muffin cases
- muffin tray
- In a mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients together: flour, baking powder, chocolate and sugar.
- Melt the butter and leave aside.
- Once not so hot any more, combine butter with milk and egg.
- Add to the bowl with dry ingredients, stir in pears and pecans as well.
- Line baking tray with muffin cases and fill with the dough.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 180°C (356°F) for about 25 – 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let them cool down (for the chocolate to set) before serving.
Makes 12 – 14 muffins.
Dark chocolate & apples are great combo as well so if you don’t have pears on hand use apples instead.
Bitter-sweet chocolate can be replaced with plain baking chocolate for kids’ version.