Needle felted brooches are relatively easy to make and they are great not only to wear as brooches but also as backpack or bag pins.
- felting wool tops (I used merino wool)
- fleece / felt for the back
- brooch pin
- simple felting needle with wooden handle or pen style felting needle
- round cookie cutter – optional
- needle felting pad or plain firm packing foam
- sewing needle
- clear all purpose glue
- Roll the wool and place inside the cookie cutter.
- Stab with felting pen or single barbed needle to get the basic shape, like this.
- Add ears, mouth, nose and eyes (glue them in).
- Attach brooch pin onto round piece of fleece.
- Finish the project off by sewing the fleece onto reverse of the brooch.
Those brooches will brighten up any bag, blouse, coat, dress, scarf or anything else you may think of.
All brooches from this post and more can be purchased (while stock lasts) through my newly opened Etsy store.