- felting wool tops
- beads – optional
- sequins (I used here iridescent transparent cup sequins)
- cross stitch cord
- simple felting needle with wooden handle or pen style felting needle
- heart shaped cookie cutter, plastic one would be better (less chances of breaking the needle)
- needle felting pad or plain firm packing foam
- sewing needle
- To make the heart place some wool in the cookie cutter and needle felt like in this YouTube video.
- When the heart is ready sew onto it some sequins.
- Finish the project off by putting a piece of cord through the heart to make the loop.
- Optionally add some beads to the cord as well.
- To make a parrot felt oval shape then add a beak and plastic eyes (glue them in).
- Use sequins as feathers for wings, tail and crest.
- Finish adding cord loop and optionally some beads as well.
Those ornaments would make also perfect little gift, not only for Christmas.
My previous article on needle felting / dry felting can be found here.
Needle felted animals, such as this teddy I made a while back, can be very easily turned into Christmas ornaments just by adding a cord loop with only few pushes of the felting needle.