- 1 litre dry red wine
- 500 ml (2 cups) smooth orange juice
- 2 firm clementines or 1 orange (sliced)
- 1 large cinnamon stick
- 10 whole cloves
- 3 cardamom pods (smashed)
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- about ¾ cup soft dark brown sugar
- Slice the oranges.
- Smash cardamom pods with back of the knife or mortar & pestle, just to open it a little bit for more flavour.
- Place orange juice, orange slices, sugar and spices in a pot and simmer until all fragrant and all sugar is melted.
- Add also wine an continue heating over medium fire stirring constantly until the wine is hot, but do not boil.
- Share to the glasses and enjoy.
Makes 6 servings.
Take a look at some more drink recipes from the archives.