This is very simple, classic meringues recipe with addition of instant coffee for flavour (and colour).
- 150 ml egg whites (about 5 large ones)
- 1¼ cup / 250 g golden caster sugar (¼ cup / 50 g for each egg white)
- some instant coffee dissolved in a little bit of hot water or coffee flavouring to taste
- 2 non-stick Telfon sheets or baking paper
- 2 large baking trays
- Whisk eggs and sugar using food processor.
- Stir in coffee or coffee flavouring and whisk some more till stiff.
- Place small portions of mixture with table spoon on baking trays layered with non-stick sheets.
- Make sure to leave space between meringues as they will grow.
- Bake in preheated oven to 150°C (302°F) for about 45 minutes.
- Then turn off the oven and let them cool down inside for about an hour.
Makes about 24 large meringues.
More coffee dessert ideas: Coffee Icing Glazed Cookies, Condensed Milk & Coffee Tarts with Almonds, Pischinger – Traditional Polish Wafer Dessert or Chocolate and Coffee Triple Layer Cake with Almond Flakes.
For different take on meringues take a look at those Sticky Honey & Sugar Coated Roasted Almonds & Pecan Nuts.