Those are very simple but delicious cookies that would make perfect treat for birthdays, Mother’s Day or even anniversaries and Valentine’s Day.
for the cookies
- use recipe for basic salted butter cookies
for the coffee icing glaze
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 4 tbs strong coffee (1 heaped tsp of instant coffee per small espresso cup)
for the modelling icing
- use this modelling icing recipe or ready icing from the store
- Bake the cookies and wait until they have completely cooled down.
- In meantime (or even couple of days before) prepare the sugar decorations.
- When both cookies and sugar decorations are ready in a bowl mix icing sugar with prepared strong coffee for the glaze until smooth and thick enough to stay on the spoon.
- Spread on the top of cookies with back of the spoon.
- Quickly, before the glaze will set, decorate also with sugar creations.
- Leave aside to dry.
- Store in air tight container for up to 3 -4 days.
Makes 4 trays (30 – 40 cookies).