Those are our girls’ favorite cookies: easy to make and delicious… covered in real chocolate glaze rather than icing and sprinkled with yummy coconut instead of sprinkles.
for salted butter cookies
- 250 g bar of salted butter
- 3 cups plain flour + some more for dusting
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup golden caster sugar
- 2 whole eggs
for chocolate & coconut glaze
- 200 g quality plain chocolate (broken into pieces)
- 2 tbs of water
- 1 cup desiccated unsweetened coconut
- mixing bowl
- cookie cutters
- trays lined with baking paper
- rolling pin
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients for cookies and knead until well combined.
- Place the dough in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- On dusted with flour surface roll out small piece of the dough at the time and cut out the shapes.
- Place them on baking tray and bake in the oven preheated to 180°C (356°F).
- Once they turn golden brown remove from the oven and let them cool down completely before glazing.
- To prepare the glaze simply melt the chocolate in a small saucepan with addition of water.
- Once the chocolate is melted spread it on the top of cookies with silicone brush or even back of the spoon.
- Sprinkle with coconut flakes and leave aside for the chocolate to set.
Makes 4 trays (about 30 – 40 cookies).