Due to some changes in our live I have no more time and energy to shop whenever I feel like so I decided to go back to weekly shopping in online supermarket.
And to do so I have to prepare menu for the week ahead so I won’t buy unnecessary items and I won’t run out of things I need before the week end.
Spicy Coconut Milk Soup
To reduce the cost I will try also match the recipes so if for instance I need to buy bunch of coriander and I will use only half of it for one recipe, I will match another one that require half a bunch of coriander so nothing will be wasted.
I will try also use more seasonal ingredients and buy some of the items, like fresh herbs, on the local market, but most of the heavy stuff will be delivered to my door ;)
Here is our menu for this week:
- Chicken Soup with Lentils, Ginger and Cardamoms
- Seaweed Wrapped Pouting with Curry Sauce and Pumpkin Risotto
- Red Lentil and Mint Soup + croutons + minty lamb (for kids & husband)
- Barbeque Wings with Pimento and Smoked Paprika + Rice & Peas + Caribbean Style Steamed Cabbage with Carrots
- Spicy Coconut Milk Soup + bread rolls, Mixed Fruit Salad in Minty Sauce (for supper)
- Couscous and Tuna Salad, Murzynek – Traditional Polish Cake with Chocolate Glaze
- Chicken de Volaille with Chestnut Mushroom Sauce + boiled baby potatoes + Sweet Carrot Salad
- Saltfish, Hardboiled Eggs, Cucumber and Fig (Dominican Sunday Breakfast)
Do you plan your family meals or simply buy set of favourite ingredients and improvize as you go?