for the filling
- 4 medium onions (chopped)
- 1 kg frozen spinach
- 1 kg white mushrooms (chopped)
- oil for frying
- 1 tbs of Vegeta (vegetable Vegeta (vegetable seasoning)
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- ground black pepper to taste
- 300g Red Leicester or other cheese (grated)
- 3 cups self raising flour or 3 cups plain flour + 1 tbs baking powder
- 4 cups milk or a little bit more if pancake mixture is too thick
- 4 eggs (lightly beaten)
- butter for refrying
- Boil spinach in salty water, drain and leave aside.
- Caramelise onions in large frying pan, add mushrooms and seasonings. When mushrooms are ready add spinach and remove from fire.
- Mix all ingredients for pancakes, pour 125 ml / ½ cup pancake mixture on hot non-stick frying pan and swirl the pan until pancake mixture cover the whole bottom evenly, fry them without any oil or butter.
- Place filling inside pancake, add some cheese and wrap. Continue the same with all pancakes.
- Refry on butter before serving.
- Serve with soup or alone.
Serves 5-6 people (about 15 medium pancakes).
Optionally you can brush frying pan with a little bit of oil to prevent sticking or replace ½ cup of milk with oil, I used grapeseed oil (it will prevent pancakes from sticking when your frying pan is not so new).
“Krokiety” means in Polish: filled pancakes / crepes and they are usually folded the way shown on the picture.