This is very simple and frugal recipe for the raspberryade (raspberry lemonade) made out of raspberries that we had leftover from making layered raspberry sponge cake for my daughter’s birthday.
Then we used leftover lemonade to make couple of ice pops.
- about 200 g raspberries
- juice of 2 lemons
- handful of mint leaves (chopped)
- 2 litres of cold water – sparkling or still
- golden caster sugar – to taste
- ice cubes – to serve
- jug (for the raspberry lemonade)
- ice lolly moulds (for the ice pops)
- Place all of ingredients in a jug and give it a stir.
- Leave in the fridge for at least hour or two for raspberry juices to start running.
- Serve over cold ice.
METHOD (ICE POPS)
- Pour leftover raspberryade into the ice pop moulds.
- Leave in the freezer overnight.
I’m submitting this recipe to Elizabeth’s No Waste Food Challenge.
And to Kavey’s Bloggers Scream For Ice Cream – this month theme is Crowd-Pleasing Coolers.