This recipe would make prefect lunch or late breakfast and because it is packed with veggies it’s a healthy meal, too.
- 8 medium tortilla wraps
- 200 g grated cheese (I used mild Cheddar)
- few white button mushrooms (chopped)
- few spring onions (chopped)
- sweet red bell pepper (cubed finely)
- chilli sauce (I used sweet chilli sauce) – optional
- some roasted turkey ham or leftover pieces of cooked turkey / chicken (chopped)
- small tin of sweet corn or red kidney beans (drained)
- 1 – 2 tbs grape seed oil + silicon brush or olive spray
- cast iron crepe pan
- Heat frying pan over high fire, then reduce it and brush frying pan with oil.
- Place one of the tortillas on the pan, sprinkle with ⅛ of the cheese.
- Then place ⅛ of any other ingredient on the top of the cheese, season with chilli sauce.
- Using spatula fold tortilla in half. Serve to the plate.
- You can also cut it into 3 triangle pieces before serving to the plates.
- Repeat the same steps with other 7 tortillas.
- Serve immediately.
Serves 4 people.
You can also add some fresh coriander / cilantro.
Fry peppers, onions, mushrooms and other vegetables before placing them on tortillas if you don’t like them half raw.
Place less ingredients than I did, it will be easier to fold the quesadillas.
Serve with guacamole and salsa on a side, instead of using chilli sauce.