Those cute, little hamster brooches will brighten up any bag, scarf, jacket or anything else you may think of.
- felting wool tops (I used merino wool)
- brooch pin
- simple felting needle with wooden handle or pen style felting needle
- needle felting pad or plain firm packing foam
- sewing needle
- awl or some thick needle – optional
- clear all purpose glue
- First make 8 balls (for the head, body, cheeks, nose, ears and mouth), stabbing the yarn from all directions until round and springy.
- Connect everything together by stabbing some more, first assemble head and body, stab to shape it, then add cheeks and nose, ears and mouth at the end.
- Use an awl to make holes for the eyes and glue them in.
- Finish off by sewing on the brooch pin on the back of the hamster.
Article on needle felting for beginners can be found here.
Some of the brooches from this post and more can be purchased (while stock lasts) through my newly opened Etsy store.