- about 12 enchilada wraps
- 600g chicken breast (cubed)
- unsalted butter
- 400g jar of tomato sauce
- 1-1½ tbs enchilada seasoning mix
- sea salt – to taste
- 2-3 bell peppers (the more colours the better) – sliced
- freshly chopped coriander to serve – optional
- 200g grated cheese
- large, oven proof dish
- cheese greater
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (392°F).
- Grease the oven proof dish.
- Dice the chicken and fry on butter until ready.
- Stir in tomato sauce and enchilada seasoning powder, season to taste with sea salt if necessary.
- Roll each enchilada wrap with some chicken and pepper, place in the oven proof dish.
- Pour over the rest of tomato sauce.
- Top the dish with leftover peppers.
- Sprinkle over grated cheese.
- Pop in the oven for couple of minutes, only until cheese is melted and browned.
- Share to the plates, do not worry if you can’t separate the enchiladas, just cut the dish like you would cut lasagna.
- Optionally sprinkle with some fresh coriander.
- Serve with lots of green salad on a side.
Make 12 enchiladas, allow 2-3 per serving.
Enchiladas can be made with mince meat instead of diced one.
Optionally add some onions while frying the chicken/meat, I haven’t because of my children.
You can also add other ingredients to the enchiladas, such as red kidney beans, sweet corn or anything else you may think of.