- colourful tissue paper (cut into small, let say 3 cm x 3 cm / 1.2 in x 1.2 in squares)
- paper glue
- blank postcards with envelopes or some harder paper
- With a pencil draw on a blank postcard some not complicated drawing.
- Roll in your fingers tissue paper into small balls, make a lot of them, more than you think you need.
- Cover area of the drawing on the postcard with the glue and quickly stick tissue balls, making sure you are covering the pencil line, it should not be visible.
- You may also combine this method with some other things you can stick to the paper, such as paper leaves, little wooden elements, bids etc.
My 3 (almost 4) year old made first card for Father’s Day (the one with circle) almost on her own (except cutting tissue into squares), then I helped her to draw a frog (for her Grandfather) and she filled it with paper balls on her own.
More tissue paper design cards (for Valentine’s).
Other craft ideas.