Who said that the beer tastes best chilled? I do not drink beer often but my favourite way is to make it hot & spicy.
Grzaniec is traditional Polish recipe perfect for icy winter evenings or as a cold, sore throat and flu medicine.
- 660 ml bottle of quality beer
- 6 tbs clear honey
- 2 tbs water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ tsp ginger powder or some fresh one
- 1 tsp whole cloves
- pinch of nutmeg
- fine strainer
- In a saucepan place honey, water and spices, simmer until fragrant and all water has evaporated.
- Now you can slowly add also the beer but do not boil it, just make it hot.
- Strain and share to the glasses.
- Enjoy with some salted pretzel sticks or “paluszki” as we call it in Poland.
In summer spiced honey can be cooled down and added to chilled beers rather than the beer heated.
For chilled Polish style beer (best in Summer) follow this link.
I’m submitting this recipe to October Inheritance Recipes that we co-host with Solange of Pebble Soup.