Lemon, Vanilla & Poppy Seed CakePosted on: 11th Jun 2012
- 2½ cups plain flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 3-4 eggs (I used 4 small ones)
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 cup golden caster sugar
- 2 tbs vanilla sugar
- 125g / ½ bar of unsalted butter
- zest from 1 large lemon
- juice of 1 large lemon (⅓ cup)
- ⅓ cup poppy seeds
- + 2 tsp of butter or some oil to grease the tins
- mixing bowl
- small non-stick saucepan
- two 11×22 cm (4.5 x 8.5 in) non-stick loaf tins
- wooden skewer
- Melt butter and leave it aside to cool down.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, lemon zest, vanilla sugar, and caster sugar.
- Gradually add melted butter, milk and eggs.
- At the end fold in also lemon juice.
- Pour mixture into buttered tins and bake in the the oven preheated to 160°C (320°F) for about 40-45 minutes.
- Ready cake should have cracks on the top, be moist but not sticky inside, use skewer to check.
- Remove cakes from the tin and let them cool down completely before sharing.
Make about 16-20 slices.
Store in the fridge wrapped in aluminium foil or in air tight container.
Margot DOLEWSKA DYER is Brighton based blogger dedicated to crafts, recipes, reviews, food styling and photography. She is also behind 416 Studios specializing in web design & photo retouching. You can connect with her via Google+.
Many of Coffee & Vanilla's photos are now available to purchase through 416 Studios' RedBubble store. Please, come inside to take a look...
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).