Beetroot Salad with Rocket Leaves, Toasted Pumpkin Seeds & Feta CheesePosted on: 28th Apr 2014
- 500 g ready cooked beetroot (sliced) – save the juice for dressing
- 200 g bar of feta cheese (cubed or crumbled)
- 4 handfuls of baby leaves with rocket or rocket alone
- 4 tbs toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs balsamic glaze or balsamic vinegar + a bit of honey
- On a frying pan toast the pumpkin seeds until they will start to pop.
- Slice the beetroots and cube the cheese.
- Combine about 4 tbs of leftover beetroot juice with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey or balsamic glaze to create the dressing.
- Share leaves to the serving bowls, top with beets and feta.
- Sprinkle over with seeds, drizzle with dressing and enjoy.
Makes 4 – 6 servings.
More beet recipe ideas:
Smoked mackerel, beetroot and potato salad from Cooksister
Roasted Beetroot Penne from Pebble Soup
Chocolate macarons with beetroot chocolate fudge filling from Maison Cupcake
Chocolate, apple and beetroot bundt cake from Bellau Kitchen
© ALL TEXT & IMAGES FROM THIS SITE ARE SUBJECT OF COPYRIGHTS. PLEASE, CONTACT ME TO DISCUSS TERMS & PRICING BEFORE REPOSTING ANY MATERIAL. UNAUTHORIZED USE OR REMOVAL OF OWNERSHIP INFORMATION FROM THE IMAGES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Margot DOLEWSKA DYER is Brighton based blogger dedicated to crafts, recipes, reviews, food styling and photography. She is also behind 416 Studios specializing in web design & photo retouching. You can connect with her via Google+.
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).