- 400g baby leeks (trimmed)
- 1 cup of milk, cup of water
- handful of capers
- handful of chilli peppers
- handful of olives
- handful of sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 ripe avocados (sliced)
- 2-3 fresh tomatoes (cut into wedges)
- Bring water and milk to boil, add leeks and cook them for couple of minutes until soft but still a bit crunchy.
- Remove from the pot, drain and arrange on the plate with other ingredients.
- Serve as a side dish.
Serves 6 people.
You must be leek lover to be able to enjoy this salad. My kids did not really like it while I love it.
Do not discard milk from cooking leeks, reduce it boiling some more and use to make leek quiche.