for the half wholemeal pizza dough
- 500 g strong wholemeal bread flour
- 500 g plain white flour
- 200 g coarse semolina flour
- 15g / about 1½ tbs instant dry yeast
- 1 tbs golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 650 ml lukewarm water
- 6 tbs olive oil
- some more flour for the working surface
- rolling pin (optional)
- 8 sandwich trays
- baking paper
- large mixing bowl
- cling film
- Mix all ingredients for the dough and knead until well combined and not sticking to hands any longer.
- Leave covered with cling film in warm place to grow for about an hour.
- Once the dough has risen share it into 8 pieces.
- Roll out each portion or simply shape in your hands and place on lined with paper sandwich trays letting the dough cover the edges of the tins.
- Brush with tomato sauce and top with plenty of grated cheese.
- Let everyone put their favourite ingredients: onion slices, olives, sausage slices, mushroom slices, diced sweet corn, sweet peppers, cubed pineapple from the tin, ham etc. (We marked our pizzas writing initials on the baking paper.)
- Bake in the oven preheated to 175°C (350°F) until the dough is golden brown and cheese nicely melted and browned.
- Sprinkle with freshly chopped herbs and cracked pepper, slice and serve immediately.
Make 8 quite large portions.