- wax candle + wooden food pick, light in colour wax crayon or even other oily crayon (I used old white eye liner)
- food colouring
- white vinegar
- hard boiled eggs (washed and dried)
- If using light the candle and wait until there is enough melted wax, if not skip to step 2.
- Draw design either with wax crayon or food pick dipped in melted candle.
- Dissolve food colouring in cup of boiling water.
- Place egg inside for as long as needed to achieve required shade.
- Add about 1 tbs vinegar to cup of cold water, dip each egg in it for a while to stop colour from running.
- Remove from the water, dry and wipe of the wax or crayon.
Instead of food colouring you can use natural dye such as onion shells, beetroot peels, turmeric, walnut shells etc. Place raw eggs in a saucepan together with the dye and boil for about 30 minutes or until eggs are nicely dyed.
Pictured below egg has been decorated with eye liner and dyed in mixture of white & red onion shells.