Watercolour gift tags and wrapping paper are extremely easy to make but effective and there is no real painting skills required.
I made those for upcoming Christmas holidays but they can be done for any occasion really, just change the colour palette to your needs.
I used here: deep green and crimson red for all of the tags and also for the gift wrap (below).
- ready blank paper gift tags or you can cut out some yourself from hard paper, we used watercolour paper
- watercolour paint tubes or tablets
- bakers twine or other thread / cord
- plain, white paper to make the gift wrap
- single hole punch
- paint brush
- For the gift tags either splash or paint watercolour paper first and then cut out the gift tags or cut out the gift tags first (share page into rectangles, trim two of the corners and punch a hole in each one) and then splash or paint them.
- For the paper wrap just splash or paint the paper and let it dry flat.
If you are running out of time go ahead and use hair dryer to make sure the paper and gift tags are completely dry before wrapping the gifts.
More watercolour craft ideas.
More 30 Minute Crafts.
Couple more gift wrapping ideas.