[idea for strawberry ornaments came from Aunt Annie’s Crafts]
During winter season all of the shops seems to be selling beautiful, whole nuts still in the shells. If you have any spare ones left it is a great excuse to make some nutshell crafts with them… especially that half term winter holidays are approaching.
Those are some of the little craft sets I prepared for the countdown calendar. There are almonds to decorate on one of the days and walnuts on another day… more photos coming soon.
- whole almonds or walnuts
- mini pom-poms
- felt pieces (for hats, beaks, legs etc.)
- sewing threads
- string – to make ornament
- beads (for eyes)
- acrylic paints
- metallic permanent markers
- black permanent marker
- all purpose glue
- sewing needles
- pain brushes
- Use acrylic paint to colour the nuts for strawberries, foxes and turtles, allowing about 10 – 15 minutes between the layers not to smudge the paint.
- Robins has been coloured with metallic markers.
- To make miniature Santa hat join ends of half a circle and then attach a pom-pom.
- Fox whiskers and noses have been done from sewing thread knotted together.
- Sea turtle shells have been painted with green acrylic paint and then decorated with metallic permanent markers.
- For strawberries stick thread loop first, attaching knot to the almond and then stick leaves around.
More DIY ornaments.
DIY countdown calendar.